God has called each of us to be happy and fulfilled. Like St. Augustine, we Augustinians believe that happiness and fulfillment can often only be achieved by a prolonged search. Some people do not experience their normal participation in their local Church activities as answering this search.
The key elements of the Augustinian tradition:
- A strong sense of Christian community and friendship
- The restless search for God, for his love and truth.
- The invitation to form communities to embody Gospel ideals and the challenge of St. Augustine to be “one in mind and heart on our way to God” (St. Augustine).
- To offer companionship to men and women making their journey to the heart.
- To serve the local church, adapting ministry to the needs of the times
A number of people every year inquire about joining the order, as an Augustinian, to continue their search in a spirit of service of the People of God. If you think that this might be the path along which God is calling you why not contact us to find out more.
Each inquiry is dealt with on an individual and confidential basis.
Are you interested in finding out more about becoming an Augustinian?
Find out more at the Augustinian Vocations website or call Fr. Colm O’Mahony at 086 8845747
Alternatively, send your inquiry to:
The Vocations Director
John’s Lane Priory